Here’s what I’m teaching this semester (below). Click on the course title for the syllabus.
Please note: The Syllabus Addendum (link below) leads you to several university policies. Consider this a part of every syllabus.
The link below takes you to Boston University’s policies with regard to Title IX, sexual misconduct, equal opportunity, disability and access services, student athletics, recording of classes and the university’s code of conduct.
This should be considered part of the syllabus for every course I teach. Click here to access this information.
The bibliographies below serve these courses: JO 150 History and Principles of Journalism, JO 542 The Literature of Journalism, JO 700 Graduate Symposium in Journalism and HI 280 The History of Rock’n’Roll.
Click on the links for a listing of key works in each area.
Here are old course outlines for the classes I teach, just to give you an idea of what we will do if you see one of these listed in an upcoming semester. These will always be altered, but these old outlines give you a general idea of what’s going on.
- Here is an old syllabus for HI 280 History of Rock and Roll
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 150 History and Principles of Journalism
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 502 American Media Culture
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 542 The Literature of Journalism
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 700 Graduate Symposium in Journalism