JO 150 History and Principles of Journalism
Click here for class material. Lectures will be posted here. Check for updates each week.
We will have Zoom meetings during our class meeting times, 11 am – 12:15 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. Login through Blackboard.
Download your syllabus:
- Click here for the JO 150 History and Principles of Journalism syllabus
JO 412 Journalism Internship
JO 737 Journalism Internship
Click here to enroll in the journalism internship course.
Once are enrolled, read the appropriate syllabus (links above). Understand the procedures, then use these forms (below):
The job description is filed when the internship begins. Use the Weekly Report template to create brief accounts of activities on the internships The evaluation is done at the conclusion of the internship. Please note that the evaluation is filled out by the internship supervisor. All documents sent to email@example.com.
For all classes: Syllabus Addendum
The bibliographies below serve these courses: JO 150 History and Principles of Journalism, JO 542 The Literature of Journalism, JO 700 Graduate Symposium in Journalism and HI 280 The History of Rock’n’Roll.
Click on the links for a listing of key works in each area.
Here are recent course outlines for the classes I teach, just to give you an idea of what we will do if you see one of these listed in an upcoming semester. These will always be altered, but these old outlines give you a general idea of what’s going on.
- Here is an old syllabus for HI 280 The History of Rock’n’Roll
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 100 Introduction to Journalism
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 150 History & Principles of Journalism
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 502 American Media Culture
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 542 The Literature of Journalism
- Here is an old syllabus for JO 700 Graduate Symposium in Journalism